Flick Ranch

on the

Mapes

Ranch

The first

airplane to cross the Sierra Mountains and land in Reno

lands...

1919
1860s

 George Alt, County Commissioner, owns 258 Acres

Bristlecone moves out in June, leaving the building vacant

2007

Truckee River Flood Project purchases the Flick Ranch

2002

SageWind merges with Northstar to form Bristlecone Family Resources

SageWind, an adolescent treatment center, leases the property

1890s
2013
1997

The Brothers of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary move in

1942

RJ and Margaret Flick build their home 

Circa 1863
1948

Bishop Manogue Catholic High School opens

 

1958
1857-1862

George Mapes owned the land and used  it for cattle ranching

The township of Glendale established

Stone and Gates Crossing

 

 The Flick Ranch has a long and colorful history dating back to 1857 when the very first immigrants settled in the Truckee Meadows. The Flick Ranch House is 74 years old and due to the historical significance of the events that took place in the building and on the surrounding property it is being reviewed for the National Register of Historic Places.