A woman named Veronica Dickey commissioned a bell tower, erected in front of the monastery in 1959. Veronica was the niece of George and Susan Alt, who owned the property and are believed to be the first people to have built a home on it in the 1860s. The bell tower had a plaque dedicated to Veronica's aunt and uncle. While the tower still stands, the plaque and the bell have been removed and are now in the safe keeping of the Catholic Diocese.
During the Brothers' 39 years at the ranch house a number of changes took place to the cities of Reno and Sparks. Boynton Lane was paved over and became McCarran Blvd. The ranch house address changed from 101 Boynton Lane to 1725 S. McCarran Boulevard. Reno's hotel and casino industry grew while tourists came to enjoy the gambling, winter sports and the fair weather of the Truckee Meadows. During the 1960s the city of Reno decided to straighten the bed of the Truckee River thus causing certain repercussions to the natural habitat. Between 1958 and 1997 the monk's sanctuary was flooded on three occasions. They relocated to a smaller monastery in Northwest Reno due to flooding and decreased membership.
The monks also added a beautifully adorned chapel to the front of the house with wooden arches and they converted the porch area to a confessional.
Brother Matthew Cunningham was one of the monks that lived at the monastery in the 1990s and later went on to serve Bishop Manogue Catholic High School at its second location as Principal in 1982-1988 and President in 1993-1996.
During the early days of the monastery there were 30 monks residing at the ranch. To accommodate them, they added another 12 rooms on to the west wing.
Despite the relocation of the Catholic school in 1958, the land remained the property of the Reno Catholic Diocese for another 50 years. The Brothers of Our Lady of the Holy Rosary moved into the ranch house in January or February 1958. This location was the quintessential setting for a monastery where an apple orchard was beginning to grow. There was still plenty of wide open space at the river's edge where deer and other wildlife could roam. It was a picturesque environment for the monks to serve and pray.